Who wouldn’t want a better world for people and the environment? Luckily there is a great new venture that can help you make a difference in the world all while making earth-friendly, non-toxic bath and body products to make you even more gorgeous.
DIY beauty kits + social good = Herban Crafts.
Herban Crafts is the new business idea from two fabulous handmade artisans in their own right: Karen Lee and Mary Kearns. These lovely women were kind enough to send me one of their Make Your Own Organic Mint Cocoa Lip Balm kits to try. I have to say I was impressed.
Top 10 Reasons I Love Herban Crafts DIY Bath and Body Kits:
1. Environmentally Responsible. These kits’ environmental impact has been considered from the packaging to the ingredients to the day-to-day operations.
2. Beyond Recyclable Materials. All of the packaging materials are recyclable, compostable, reusable, and biodegradable. I love that the cello bags are made from renewable wood pulp sustainably harvested from FSC managed forests and designed go in the backyard compost. Even the jute handles are compostable!
3. Socially Responsible. Herban Crafts is a for-profit business with revenues that can help support the social mission: help address the problem of unemployment, a contributing factor to homelessness, by offering a hands-on job and social skills training program for unemployed women living in transitional housing.
4. Natural Ingredients. Every kit contains the highest quality, ethically sourced, cruelty free, organic, fair trade, and natural ingredients. All of this means a healthier product for you and for the environment.
5. Easy DIY Beauty. These kits make it easy for anyone to learn how to make your own natural and non-toxic bath and beauty products, even me. I don’t have a lot of DIY beauty experience and have never made lip balm before, but feel confident I could after trying this kit.
6. Women Owned Business. I am a strong believe in supporting women owned businesses for many reasons not the least of which is that they statistically grow at a rate two times faster than all businesses. Herban Crafts can provide much-needed economic growth in areas where real good can be accomplished.
7. Create and Share. Each kit comes with everything you need to make what you need for yourself with enough to share. Even if you don’t choose to share your first batch, you will have the tools and recipe to create as much as you like any time you like!
8. Learning Project. Not only are these kits a great craft activity which results in a useful product, they also teach you how to continue making it after you’re done. In an era where DIY and self-reliance are not only trendy, but cost-effective, why wouldn’t you want to keep creating bath and body products?
9. Crowdfunding. This is a chance for us as a society to say that we believe in the idea and mission of a business and help it come to fruition. Karen and Mary are crowd-sourcing funding for this venture via StartSomeGood until June 30th. This is the chance for you to be a part of the startup of a company with heart, a company with an environmental and socially conscious mission. I hope you will visit their campaign page and consider supporting Herban Crafts.
10. Video. I love when a great promotional video helps me understand a campaign, a business, better. Herban Craft’s introductory video offers a wonderful look at why it is a venture worth supporting.
Enter to Win A Kit Of Your Own
Herban Crafts is generously offering one Make Your Own Organic Mint Cocoa Lip Balm kit worth $35 to one lucky Almost All The Truth reader!
Find Herban Crafts