To all the expecting dads, new dads, and veteran dads:
Happy Father’s Day!!
Some fun things to do around Portland:
- Father’s Day Bird Celebration: Explore the birds of Tryon Creek with a short indoor program, followed by a trail hike! Bring binoculars to check out our feathered friends. Free event for all ages. 2-3pm. www.tryonfriends.org
- Father’s Day Field Day: Dad’s get in free today at the Children’s Museum! Special activities all day! $7 ages 1 &up. 9am-5pm. www.portlandcm.org
- Free Day For Fathers: Dads get in free with one paid admission at AC Gilbert’s Discovery Village. All ages. $5.50 ages 3 to 59. 12-5pm. www.acgilbert.org
- Father’s Day at Oaks Park: Dad rides free with child’s paid admission. Free ride bracelet must be the same as child’s bracelet. All ages. 12-7pm. www.oakspark.com
- Summer Sensations: A celebration of summer and strawberries with live music, farm animals, strawberry shot put, and more! U-Pick and Ready Picked Strawberries at Rasmussen Farms. All ages. 9am-6pm. www.rasmussenfarms.com
- French Prairie Gardens Strawberry Festival: Hay rides, U-Pick strawberries, farm animals, food, and more! All ages. $3, plus the cost of fruit picked. $6 for a small picking bucket, or $12 for a large bucket. Pig train is $1. 10am-5pm. http://www.fpgardens.com/
What are your plans to celebrate Dad?