Intentional Acts of Kindness
The loss of anyone close to you is painful, but the loss of a child has to be one of, if not the, most difficult thing to go through.
She reached out to friends and family to share their encouragement for us all to perform an act of kindness to bring joy to those around us.
Because of the pain and grief, they are turning the dark into light through changing the world one step at a time.
“What is unbearable now will change. What is effortless now will change. Change is dependably constant. Have faith in change.”
They want to make April 14th a day of purpose to improve our world. In memory of this sweet baby, will you join us and shine your light on the world? Together we can make this a better place.
Ideas To Improve Our World
- Reach out to a friend in an unexpected way – a homemade card sent in the mail, a delivery of fresh muffins to their door.
- Pay for the person behind you in line for coffee.
- Volunteer in a soup kitchen or food pantry.
- Be kind. Waiters, baristas, clerks, customer service representatives, strangers on the street, colleagues, we all deserve a little kindness every day.
- Let someone else have your seat, that parking space, the last cart.
- Be polite.
- Support your community.
- Help a friend.
- Help a senior citizen mow their lawn or walk their dog.
- Offer free babysitting to a parent in need.
- Donate books to a local book bank or library.
- Visit a hospital or senior center.
Are you willing to take on a day of purpose through kindness? I would love to be able to share your ideas with my friend and show her that people from all over will be thinking of her and her baby boy on April 14th.