I can sometimes be as creative as they come, but other times the best inspiration comes from others’ ideas. I love to find eco-friendly craft ideas, but just about anything can be made more eco-friendly by using some common sense. Using what you have already in the house or yard, sharing materials and resources with friends, and using paper made with recycled content are some of the best things to make your Valentine’s project a little more green.
Top Ten Valentine’s Day Crafts for Children from around the web:
- Candy Hearts Bingo is a great way to use the inevitable candy hearts that will make their way into your house.
- These are some conversation hearts I can really get behind.
- Not feeling quite so crafty? Try an Eco Valentine Card Kit.
- A Valentine for the music lovers.
- Naturally Sweet DIY Valentine is one of the sweetest ideas I have seen yet for healthy families.
- This fun Valentine Heart Chain project can be made with either paper or felt and has instructions for both. Plus, they look fabulous!
- Love this art project aptly titled “Cool Hands, Warm Heart.” Not too mushy and still sweet.
- Our family has been on a serious joke kick. I know my kids would love a Valentine’s Day Joke Note and I am sure their friends would too.
- Barley & Birch has a round up of their favorite Valentine crafts and projects that are too adorable.
- A heartfelt memory game for you to make that can last the whole year through.
What is your favorite Valentine craft? How do you make it eco-friendly?