So a couple of weeks ago I brought you some fantasy birthday gift ideas that were just a tad out of reach for many people, including me. This week the list is a little more reasonable while still keeping it eco-friendly, fun, and all things I know my baby girl would love!
1. Apparel: Biome5 Tees ($26) feature big letters, bright photographic animals to match, and the best of all upside down animal names (so your little one can look down and see it correctly). What a great idea!
2. Baby dolls: The handcrafted flower fairy doll ($39) from SewnNatural is made with all natural, organic and upcycled vintage fabrics and stuffed with wool. Plus it is so sweet. perfect for babies and big kids!
3. Books: Can you ever go wrong with a book with a child? In My Tree ($9) is simply adorable from the colorful die cuts to the irresistible finger puppet to the sweet story that celebrates family.
4. Art: Non-toxic, natural art supplies from Clementine Art are always a great gifts. Clementine Art Natural Paint ($12) is the perfect choice for budding artists, particularly because paint can quickly become body art.
5. Wooden Toys: Imagination, creativity, fine motor skills and an appreciation for the beauty of natural simplicity are all encouraged through play with a beautiful wooden toy like the Nimble Nester Stacking Arches ($30) from Little Sapling Toys.
6. Pretend Food: Toddlers are the perfect age to explore pretend food. Made from felt, wood, organic cotton, and other natural materials, play food opens up a whole new way to explore healthy food, increase vocabulary, and have fun! The wooden Assorted Fruit & Veggies on Tray ($25) are a great way to practice fine motor skills and food preparation. (Note: Product does say for ages 3 & up.)
7. Cars, Trucks, Planes & Trains: Babies, toddlers, big kids alike love things that go. Baby girl is an especially big fan of airplanes and garbage trucks (the real ones), but a great toy car or truck is a big favorite around here. Throw in some dinosaurs and you have a real winner like this Sprig Toys Dino Adventure Rig ($25). (Note: Product is indicated for age 3 & up.)
8. Dress Up: Children begin to explore dress up at this age. Dressing up is ideal for imaginative play, role playing, and also birthday parties! This wonderfully crafted wool felt Green Leaf Crown ($39) would make a great gift for the birthday child.
10. Doll Stroller: This is what we ultimately bought baby girl for her birthday. She loves doll strollers and play with any she came across, so this was the perfect gift for her. But, as with all other purchases, it was important to me to try to find one that was made fairly and sustainably, with natural materials, and not made in China. I found the Nova Natural Doll Stroller ($50) that is made in Maine (fabric made in India). It is more expensive than what I would consider reasonable, but well worth it in this case. Plus it is simply gorgeous…
While not as reasonable in price, the other strollers I could find that were not made in China and made with quality materials were the Haba Dolls Stroller Buggy ($144) and the Haba Natural Doll Stroller ($153) which are made in Germany.
[Fawn&Forest, Rosie Hippo, and Amazon are AATT affiliates]
Is there anything missing for my list? What is your favorite eco-friendly gift idea for toddlers?