Is it really Friday already? I remember being young and wishing so hard that time would speed up… so my birthday would come faster, or a vacation would start sooner, or summer would begin. And now, while it is so cliche, I just wish time would sloooow down. Just a little.
So this weekend I am going to do my very best to slow down time. We are not going to travel or do anything too exciting and just be. Maybe, just maybe we could even get a little bored. What a concept! And if we do, I am ready with some ideas.
- Work on our garden and flower beds, maybe even buy some plants at a local nursery.
- Read books. It seems like we never have enough time during the week to just read, and read, and read without limit.
- Hang my children’s photos, that I so carefully acquired and then put in a box, in the empty frames I have for them.
- Do an art project. The little ones love a more structured art project and the oldest loves to do his own thing. I have had this art & book project in the works since I saw it, and now have everything I need… plus the time to do it!
- Go on a hike. Somewhere beautiful, close by, and easy enough for the 4 year old to manage.
What are your plans for the long weekend?