Coconut oil is my new best friend. From the kitchen to the bathroom and even the cleaning cabinet, coconut oil has so many uses and benefits that are worth exploring whether you believe the health hype or not.
7 Amazing Uses for Coconut Oil
1. Cooking. Coconut oil is a great oil for cooking at high heat. Many other cooking oils go rancid at high heat and do not provide much in the way of nutritional value.
2. Vegan baking. I discovered this delicious use for coconut oil when I was nursing my middle son and daughter who both had milk protein allergies. I try to use coconut as a dairy substitute in a lot of things, but by far the best is baking!
3. Smoothies. Coconut oil is a healthy fat to add to your green smoothies to help your body absorb all the wonderful nutrients (vitamins, minerals and amino acids) in the greens and fruit. Plus, it tastes simply marvelous!
4. Shaving “cream.” Coconut oil is so moisturizing that it is great to use when shaving your legs. It allows for you to get a nice close shave and you can eliminate the extra step of a post-shave lotion.
5. Makeup remover. Most conventional makeup removers contain a slew of potentially toxic chemicals, many of which are fossil fuel byproducts. Coconut oil is a healthy choice to remove makeup, although depending on how sensitive your skin is, I would wash it off after doing so.
6. Deodorant. You can use a small amount of coconut oil by itself or mix with equal parts baking soda and cornstarch for a safe, non-toxic deodorant. For a little extra scent, just add a few drops of your favorite essential oil.
7. Insect repellant. Summer is here and so are the bugs. Combine 1 part peppermint and/or lemongrass oil to 10 parts coconut oil for a non-toxic insect repellant.
Tropical Traditions Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil Giveaway
Tropical Traditions is my favorite choice for organic, sustainably harvested and produced coconut oil. I was sent a sample to try after ordering a bunch of Tropical Traditions products on my own and now you can enter to win 1 quart of Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil of your own!
Tropical Traditions is America’s source for coconut oil. Their Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil is hand crafted in small batches by family producers, and it is the highest quality coconut oil they offer. You can read more about how virgin coconut oil is different from other coconut oils on their website: What is Virgin Coconut Oil? You can also watch the video they produced about Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil:
Tropical Traditions also carries other varieties of affordable high quality coconut oil. Visit their website to check on current sales, to learn about the many uses of coconut oil, and to read about all the advantages of buying coconut oil online. Since the FDA does not want us to discuss the health benefits of coconut oil on a page where it is being sold or given away, here is the best website to read about the health benefits of coconut oil.