Outright funny, tongue-in-cheek, or plain old useful, enjoy our new feature for Tuesdays: Tuesday Top Ten! Thought we would start this Tuesday off light. ;)
Top Ten Ways to Make Baby Giggle:
- Smile. Simple, but true. Babies love to see their mama (or dada) smiling at them.
- Silly faces, especially if you shake your head, are sure to bring on the giggles.
- Peekaboo. Surprise your baby with a little “boo” from behind or around another object.
- Raspberries on bellies and nibbling necks, fingers, or toes may bring on the sometimes elusive belly laugh. Warning, this one can be addictive.
- Singing and dancing. Either making a fool of yourself for baby or with baby is great fun for her, plus you can sneak in some calorie burning moves while you’re at it.
- Pretend to sneeze. A favorite of photographers everywhere.
- Tickling. Always a crowd pleaser. Just be careful to know when baby has had enough because you will never get enough of squeezing those chubby little baby thighs!
- Chasing. For older babies this is a great game. Not so great if it’s because you are in a non-babyproofed environment and have to chase her, but you’ll still get the giggles when you catch and snuggle her.
- Big brothers and sisters. These are probably the funniest people in your baby’s life if he is lucky enough to have them. For those first-borns and onlies, any older child will do, especially if your baby knows them well.