The rains are coming, but for today, and the next few days we have sun in the forecast. That is certainly something to celebrate!
Top ten best things about fall:
- Pumpkins. I love the look of pumpkins. I love going to the pumpkin patch. I love carving pumpkins. I love eating pumpkins (milkshakes, bread, muffins, pie). Love, love pumpkins.
- Apples. Again, love apples. Love to pick them, love to eat them, love to bake with them. Yum.
- Leaves. There isn’t much prettier than the reds, oranges, and yellows of the leaves. On the trees and kicking around the yard.
- Indian Summer. Yesterday we had a lovely day, while not technically Indian Summer, it’s a good enough description for me. Crisp, with soft sunlight filtered through the changing leaves, laughing children running through the grass soaking up all they can get.
- Colors. Fall colors are simply the best. Rich, warm, gorgeous.
- Sports. While I do have an affinity for college football, I love watching the little ones run and play at soccer and football the most. Building confidence, getting outside, and play. I could do without the games in the rain, but otherwise, perfection.
- Smells. Fall smells unmistakably of woodsmoke, cinnamon and spice, wool, apple cider, dried leaves, and pumpkin pie.
- Cider. Mmm. Apple cider. Fresh-pressed apple cider for the kids and a grown-up version for me!
- Beer. Fall and beer just go hand in hand, especially the darker, heavier beer that I like best! The husband makes it and I get to drink it.
- One step closer to snow. Snowboarding, skiing, sledding, and snowman building. This weather gets me thinking about the mountain. Can’t wait! ;)
What is your favorite thing about fall?